HP&tDH072107

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Cair Air

As some of you may know, i had my scholarship interview for the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) today. Upon entering the main office, Sergeant Hammond asked me to sit down so she could ask me a few questions and fill out some pre-interview forms.
"Have you smoked marijuana?"
"No"
"Ever?"
"No"
"Now if youare lying to me and we find out, you will never be in any part of the armed forces, ever."
"OK."
"Now write down all your speeding tickets, MIPs, etc. here."
"I don't have any."
"Are you sure?"
"Lemme check...yup, i'm sure."

Sergeant Hammond gives me the i-could-kick-your-lazy-civilian-whiteboy-butt-and-i-will-find-out-if-you-lied look, took my height and weight, and handed me off to Captain Bland (no that is not my own personal descriptive nickname, although i wish it was)


My interviewer was Captain Keith Bland, and despite what his name suggests, he was a rockin' guy (i know soem of you are throwing out the "Oh well he's a recruiter, of course he was nice." And to those of you, i say that he isn't a recruiter. i have never been recruited. To get to this point i had to take all the initiative. This is well into the AFROTC scholarship Application process. That said, i continue). During the course of our discussion, he asked me about authorities or situations that have frustrated me and how i dealt with them. Naturally, my mind went striaght to school with our uniforms, newly instigated detention, hair laws and what not. He kind of laughed as i told the legendary story of the dynamited out of proportion event that was the FOOD FIGHT.
"Yeah the Air Force has a lot of seemingly petty rules. Tha tsoudns a lot like it is here. A lot. The uniforms and all..."

I have to admit, in my career at CP, i never thought that its rules and regs might help me adapt more easily to the USAF, but i really think it might have helped me out in the ole interview process. We'll see.

Shout outs to my dad in the Bahamas, my sister in Cali, my bro downstairs. Happy Birthday Chad! (i don't know your email)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually still wear the uniforms. I foundthey give a good impression. One time some guy said, "Hey, you in the stupid looking pants." I knew then that he was an undereducated fool (obviously inferior to me), so I gave him a half-sympathetic, half-patronizing glance. "Yes?" I said. "Why are you wearing those stupid looking pants?" he asked. I waited a moment. "Because, foolish man, I am part of a superior race. We do not conform to your ways of slovenliness. Look at me. Look at me closely! Do you know what you see? That's right, one of the future leaders of America. My kind will very soon rule your kind. And then you will not scorn these pants. You will realize that my success came from my pants." He just sort of stared at me blankly and slowly backed away. I stared at him until he had backed entirely out of site.


Who wrote this?

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free counters provided by Andale.