HP&tDH072107

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

It's Raining in Malibu

Not anymore, but it was. Last night while i was peacefully perusing I Samuel for my morning Great Books class, the rhythmic sprting of the sprinklers was suddenly drowned out by an actual thudnerstorm, not a Kansas thunderstorm, but it was still legit, thunder, lightning, the works. Apparently this might be the only one i experience out here for my entire college career...craziness. I guess i fail to appreciate that aspect of godd ole Topeka.

In other news, i got into a conversation with my suite mate on Sunday who had gone home for the weekend. We got to talking about hoem and he said he was definitely ready to come back here after being home (Santa Cruz) for a couple days. I just kinda stared at him. "You can only take so much of home ya know?" I guess i don't. I proceeded to ask him about any close high school friends he had (none). I was still stunned. He said most of his good friends that would help him out if he needed it were in LA, where he had spent the lats year. No lifelong friends, no close-knit crowd that you yearn to interact with or tell stories to? How foreign. Don;t take CPLS or TBC or T-town for granted kids...it straight up rocks.

I went to Hollywood twice this past weekend. The walk of fame is pretty tight, as is Grauman's Chinese theater, the Kodak Thater (Oscars!), and all the other well-known houses of motion pictures. Crazy people everywhere. In 24 hours i encountered Willy Wonka, Waldo, Captain Jack Sparrow, Yoda (actual size...awkward), Vader, Freddy Cougar, Wonder Woman, Satan, a vampire, and many men who all claim to be the next big thing in hip-hop. I kissed a mannequin, i felt incredibly awkward inside the Beverly Hills Hotel (nothing happened, i was just there...in jeans). I found the West Coast's version of the original Arthur Bryant's (It's called Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles...i think white people are allowed in). I got rejected at a bowling alley that only allows people 21+ in after 7pm...it's a bowling alley folks. I sat by Lester Holt's son in Psychology while we both struggled on our Macs with the wireless network.

Workign at the computer store is definitely good times. I get to hear the computer techs complain about the inefficiency of the troubleshooting process, i get to listen while sorority girls try to explain what is wrong with their machine and describe solutions they have tried. I have paused in confusion while i desperately tried to come up with a nice way of telling someone that they have no idea what they are talking about. I get up way too early on a daily basis. In Great Books today the prof asked how everyone was doing. One girl complained that the class was early (10am). I remarked that it was my third class of the day. The proceeding looks of awe and wonder about knocked me out of my chair. "Is that even possible." Oh, it's possible. Oh, yes it is.

Tuesdays are turning out to be a pretty convenient day for blogging, so expect new stuff to show up on Tuesdays. More may be to come. Peace.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so the thunderstorm hit nor cal this afternoon and you should've heard the ladies in the office: "omigosh, will you look at that rain?! did you get ahold of the kids? i hope everyone made it home safely!!" i'm thinking to myself, "this is nothing folks and i think the kids will be just fine...even if they get a little wet". lets just say i dont think any of them have experienced the midwest rain. :)

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas-
You're cute. :) ps. Do I really bother you that much? :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Pureblood Prince said...

Hey Katie, you don;t bother me at all. i just want to know who you are because i feel like i should know you due to the apparent familiarity you have with lots of my friends (or maybe just doug)...do i know you?

12:30 AM  
Blogger Mr. Aadalen said...

Hey buddy! Sounds like everything is fitting well for you out there. Ah, rain. I love rain, especially thunderstorms. At least you got one...I think we have had at least three in the last week:) Anyways, senior year is good...my lowest grade at midpoint of 1st quarter(which is today...yah!) is a 93...and that's in choir, go figure. You smart kids would be proud of me. I'm actually managing a 120 percent in Apologetics right now. It's fun stuff. The new teachers are awesome. Anyways, enough...soccer could be better, but we are 3-0 in league play, woohoo. Just for kicks I will tell you one last thing. We played St. Mary's yesterday, and I had 4 goals in the first half. You can read my blog for more details. Later buddy.

-Adam

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I know who Katie Z. is! Anyways, glad ur likin it up there, thomas! Keep the stories comin. lol. I also miss visual Sundays. Later!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darby, don't you dare tell them! :) Of course you know me, Thomas. :)

8:09 PM  
Blogger the Opinionator said...

if you guys miss visual sundays come try audio sundays!

benhnelson.blogspot.com

It's no Visual sunday...but it's second best!

-Ben

11:01 AM  
Blogger Foolish Thing Nine said...

I have recently decided that facebook is Satan

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first, Go LIONS! second, who takes their laptop to class?

nerd....;)

11:36 PM  
Blogger the Opinionator said...

Craig...I'll help you battle Facebook Satan...or I'm not

DUN DUN DUN!

Aamer Haleem!!!

...yeah, I'm that guy on VH1...or at least I wish I was...not really, he sucks a lot.

-Ben

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site quit smoking Toxicology blood levels butalbital Allergic rash westin running boards web conferencing Sanyo video data projector Bextra and aspirin Liposuction advances boating in england Punished teens spanking hardcore Teeth whitener tv info Company+li+moving golf clubs party poker

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free counters provided by Andale.