HP&tDH072107

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Unemployed, Unsatisfied, And Captious

Work is over, at least i'm not getting paid for doing any of this toil, not that i really got paid regularly before. Heck, i don't even expect to see my last paycheck.

Having a notebook computer with wireless internet access in my room has made my days seem shorter. I mean, sometimes i may wake up at 1030, then do my quiet time, and instead of getting out of bed and feeling productive before i do my internet stuff in the study loft, i just grab my iBook off of the floor and get started. Next thing i know, it's noon, and i am still in bed. Whatever i have accomplished is hidden behind the fact that i am stil lin bed and feel like life has passed me by, when, in reality, i have simply relocated some regular activities to my bed.

On a side note, i got up earlier today to get to the immunization place by 1030. Its really remarkable what can get done before noon when you put your mind to it. I got immunized, went to goodwill, the bank, and back home all before the sun reached its zenith. Tomorrow will not be one of those days. I fully intend to remain bedridden (as i now am) for quite some time. I choose not to reveal an exact time because most of you lazy bums won't be impressed. Here's to you and your wasted lives (that covered the "captious" part of the title).

Tomorrow i intend to tackle the herculean task of filing any articles/handouts/tests/quizzes from the past two years of school that i think could come in useful at Pepperdine. Fun fun. I really hope i stumble across some gems rom creative writing...maybe even sophomore english (holla Driver!). Oh, the anticipation. Fortunately, most of those papers lie about a meter from my bed, so i should be able to grasp them while still in a soporific state.

Thursday morning brings with it my departure from Topeka and my arrival at Brahm's (sp?) in Parsons and eventually at New Life Ranch. For now, my stamina, like the vocal cords of the Mr. Dashboard Confessional, is wearing out. Music is over. Fare well, or poorly for all i care. I guess that depends who you are...anyways...

6 Comments:

Blogger Foolish Thing Nine said...

I don't know that there is anything better when it comes to old school papers than going through Creative Writing stuff :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Pureblood Prince said...

Agreed, Shane. I especially enjoyed stumbling across some William McGonagall stuff ( Tay Bridge Disaster...the one about the queen...sigh). Sifting through Calc assignments juft doesnt provide the same enjoyment for some reason :).

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

thanks for coming last night, it was fun. have fun at pepperdine and ill talk to you later.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Ansen Bayer said...

I'm definitely filing that word "soporific". Gotta use that some. That and the word "snogging".

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very shorts, simple and easy to understand, bet some more comments from your side would be great

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free counters provided by Andale.