HP&tDH072107

Sunday, July 03, 2005

The Complications We Could Do Without

As most of you know by now, i sorted all that Apple drama out with a little bit of work. I now have to return a printer that they had shipped me and the whoel order got delayed a few days. And by whole order i mean the iBook, naturally the only really useful part of the order (as all other parts rely on the iBook for usefulness).

Oh cell phones, how i already hate you. So two thursdays ago (June 23rd) i hopped on the cingular website and ordered up my new phone and plan, expecting the "free priority shipping" to deliver my order in the first half of the following week. That week passed wit hno communication from cingular until Saturday brought with it mysterious tidings in the form of an email which i will paraphrase: "Yeah, about that order you made...we canceled [cancelled can be spelled with one l or two...crazy] it. We know that seems weird since we really have no reason or motive. Our computers apparently just choose orders to cancel and yours, due to your last name, was apparently picked. Sorry. You can reorder if you want. And if you do call customer service, don't expect any real help. The computer cleans up any trace of your order whatsoever so the early-rising tech guy will just type various information into his feeble order search engine and timidly admit to you that he sucks at his job [i tried this anwyays...their warning was accurate]."

So naturally i replaced my order and it all seems to be working. I should have a phone by the end of this week. I don;t know if i should post my # here. I do know what it is though, so if you wish to know how much i like you, you can ask me for it. If you don't want to risk it, i will probably distribute it to the people i want to have it, and if you expect to get it, but don't, then convince yourself that i just haven;t had the chance to give it to you, regardless of the factual basis of your belief.

It's been raining a lot. Lets hope it lets up for the 4th, cuz i am excited about going out to watch the fireworks at Lake Shawnee out at Anna's (you rock buddy).

Props to nate for returning his iPod when the new ones came out. I'm workin on the speaks.

3 Comments:

Blogger the Opinionator said...

props on the Sufjan line in the title...

-Ben

9:32 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I just wanted to tell you that I truly enjoy the HP Counter you have on your blog, it makes me smile because I too am waiting imaptiently as I near the end of #5 ...for about the 10th time.

Sorry~ this comment is kind of random, you don't even know me, but your blog has entertained me so I thought I would say hello. Anyway, I digress.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about cingular prepaid go phone and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about cingular prepaid go phone so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by cingular prepaid go phone

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free counters provided by Andale.