HP&tDH072107

Sunday, August 21, 2005

So Long Sweet Summer

I guess it's my turn. Pretty much all my other classmates have departed to various locations to prepare for their collegiate experience (i would say education, but, well, you know). These last couple days have felt a little weird without any of them there. I suppose they gave me a little teaser of what is to come. I'm a little nervous no doubt, but before i move on, i really want to reflect on this summer, the best of my life thus far. I want to bid some fond farewells in public because some people deserve it.

Today in sunday school i finally realized how much TBC's youth group has meant to me during my high school year. I surveyed my surroundings; i was the only graduate sitting in the room...weird...my time to leave had come. The Underground has been a little retreat from cair paravel with most of the people perks that cair paravel offers combined with my best friends outside of school. Mark & Wendy, you probably won't read this, but thanks so much for listening to me on random days when Brady and i would show up at your door just to talk. I couldn't live a life as open as yours, with teens interrupting at will :). Other blessings came my way much earlier in the form of Tim and Kim Borchers, some of our junior high leaders. Keep representin' as CP guys, i'll keep in touch.

(forgive the resemblance to a "senior paragraph." Consider this a farewell to those not mentioned elsewhere :))

This truly has been a sweet summer. Susanna, not only are you the best girlfriend i could ask for, but over this past year we have become better friends than most will understand, and that is something we won't ever lose, no matter what the distance. You know i already miss you; i'll be living in your letters :). Andrew, how were we not friends earlier in life? Tear it up in soccer. Be strong and courageous. Jac and Jana, getting to know your family has been a joy. I have told you before, but the enthusiasm for God that you both display is inspiring and i know kids at T High have to see that light. Holla Dennis :). Doug, thanks for some late night talks, for chilling with us youngsters this summer, and for using that wit of yours to keep me in check.

This summer I have thoroughly enjoyed never having plans until about ten minutes before i left the house. Typical schedule for a few months: wake up,eat, paint, come home, shower, eat, find people to hang out with til later than i should considering the time i had to wake up, sleep, repeat process. Can life get better? I submit that it cannot.

Unlesss, of course, it was during one of those highlight times. Cruise, Summer Blast, Mexico, Family Camp. Whew. Exhausting, but oh so memorable and rewarding in various ways. Thanks to everyone who shared those times with me.

I'm sure for the first few weeks, i will be shouting out all sorts of inside jokes (little bit of --insert anythign said in a high pitched voice here. "Snog," "#9," and "Mitzi" are faves). I wonder if people in Cali have seen Mystery Science Theater. Let's all hope so.

The kids out at Pepperdine have no idea what they have to live up to. In fact, they can't live up to Topeka. Weird, but true. Here's to hoping that i never expect them to, and that i give them all a chance and make a few lifelong friends out in the land of the beautiful.

I still have my ties to Topeka. Fantasy Football, Picks, and oh yeah the internet/my phone...call me up kids! It's gunna be weird being out of the CPLS loop. Maybe it'll be nice. I still wanna here about soccer, the musical, and any drama going down (thats up to LJ and Box). Suck the ole marrow out of your senior year kids. As much as you "hate" school right now, i would make a positive EV that at least 90% of you will miss it next year (not the classes, but we all know that they are not the most important thing in school, and if you still think they are, then rethink).

Pray for me. For new friends, for a mission field, for motivation, for growth, you know the drill :).

This is just a fond farewell to friends. I'll be back for Thanksgiving. Much love.

--T

4 Comments:

Blogger the Opinionator said...

I'm gonna miss you a lot man, even though I didn't get mentioned in your post. That's okay, I'm not sure if we were ever friends anyway...

-Ben

7:32 AM  
Blogger Foolish Thing Nine said...

Is Chis doin his fantasy football league again this year? And oh yeah, I am still in Topeka, and don't leave til friday :)

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm going to punch you alright. :)
I miss you also. Mrgh. Thank you for the call. Keep posting. Suz

7:45 PM  
Blogger Andrew Crandall said...

surreal. that is the only word i can think of to describe my thought process. it hasnt really sunk in yet. i know it will though. i havent been somewhere where i would expect to see you guys there and not have that fulfilled. sunday will be a ridiculously difficult realization time for me. i am not excited. the love is flowing. doug your comment was heartfelt. but the only thing that will be awkward now is that the right People wont be there to make sure that everyone knows it's awkward that They (those people) arent there. its a vicious cycle.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free counters provided by Andale.