HP&tDH072107

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Stage Going To The Hospital (LOUDER!)

I am genuinely angry right now. Those of you who went to Mexico might remember what i said when Leenerts dropped the detail work on us, "I was about to lose my faith, Mark, i really was." Tonight i once again approached that stage. As my suite mate Schoen (shane) so famously described our shower, "You see, there are two stages on that thing, its either stage freezing cold, or stage 'going to the hospital'." I freaking lived in the latter stage tonight, and it had nothing to do with water temperature. For the first time in my life i took part in a game of poker in which one player profitted more than $100. You are probably sitting back laughing because of the extravagant numbers that get thrown around poker on TV these days. But we were playing with 10 cent big blinds. thats 1000 big blinds this kid won...ridiculous. the most amazing thing i have ever seen actually. I made one bad move all night, and lots of good ones, and end up losing money...not ven to him... it sucks (realize that i almost assuredly exaggerated that last statement, but i really did play well...bah...so much hate). I just ran into my room and blasted Indie Rock 'n Roll for all my suite to hear. It's 1:15, i have to get up for church relatively soon. I feel gross, that slow sweat, a product of barely uncomfortable temperatures and lots of bodies, has been slowly seeping through the layers of cotton and polyester on my body. My pants are sticking to my legs. Gross. I'd shower, but eh, i'd rather just play the music a little louder, stand in awe of some swings and coincidences (?), fold down the monitor, observe the green glow on my desk, rest my head on an extra firm pillow (after doing push ups of course), lie awake in awe of some of the hands that went down tonight, dream in awe of our worlds possibilities, look out the window in the morning, realizing where i am, and just relax. It will be a new day with more fish to be caught, and plenty to go around. Send them to Fifield suite F if you find any. I think i've vented. The music has died down. You can tell i was rushed because this is one paragraph. I only do that when i'm venting...it's like a tell of mine i suppose, if there are tells in blogging (surely there are). Oh, wait, not done venting. Three comments on my first real college post...screw you guys. Ok, NOW i'm done venting :). I need church.

6 Comments:

Blogger the Opinionator said...

i think i wasted all the comments with my 15 on my first post back...sorry thomas, I'll share. We both know I never get comments normally anyway, you're the comment whore between the 2 of us.

;)

-Ben

7:04 AM  
Blogger Andrew Crandall said...

Thomas, yeah for calling "me". no, but it was good to talk to you. its been hard trying to fill all the shoes that have been left behind. church is like an expensive version of Payless. so many shoes, and so much investment is required to even start to get things visibly going. (good analogy?.. i cant decide.) ne way. too bad about poker. im sure craig is jealous of you just getting the chance to play. hope to hear from you soon. you can always email too. ne way. 18 hours until school, from this desk at least.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Pureblood Prince said...

probably in LA at some monster midnight showing...i'll be back the next tuesday for thanksgiving though :).

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice blog you have here. Lots of great info on san diego charger hat. I have a san diego charger hat related site. It has lots of information, discussion, stats etc. on san diego charger hat. Please check it out if you get a chance.

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Sears kenmore dryer book 91 gmc g2500 van http://www.spamfilter4.info/Spamfilters6.html Zoloft poison

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free counters provided by Andale.