HP&tDH072107

Monday, March 14, 2005

On Tilt

Some things i learned from watching Tilt:
Calling a good sized raise with J9 from the best player and only player who has more chips than you at the table is a good play as long as you are in late position.

An excellent player will call for all her money with a set when four to the straight are on the board, the only card needed to make the straight is an ace, and two players called her pre-flop raise.

When you are filthy rich and top dog, you still do all the killing yourself.

When playing the WSOP main event, you still have hours and hours of free time on your hands to say...oh i dunno...take a little drive to Tahoe, and kill people.

Ok enough of that, i don;t want to drive all my female readers (and i know there are lots of you) away. Spring Break is just around the corner and you know what? I have no idea what i am doing, but i do want to know what YOU are doing.

Tonight i spent lots of time polishing up my memorization of Ash Wednesday for MAACS. It is quickly becoming my favorite poem not written by me (joke). I have read it a billion times and still understand i little more each time (and still know i havent really scratched the surface).

I am also debating what kind of computer to get for college. i am really leaning the Mac way, but stacking out a PC laptop is pretty tempting. The iMacs are so beautiful! I'm open to any suggestions, pros/cons (i guarantee a comment from ben, and maybe driver), and feedback on Dell's customer service. That's all i got.

5 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

that was the most interesting blog i've read in months....at least you know you're driving female readers away, that's a start. ;)

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas, I will be in Topeka all of Spring Break...we should hang out!
~Amy

9:49 AM  
Blogger the Opinionator said...

yeah...i'm telling you to get a 15 in. Powerbook. Yeah, it will be expensive, but you won't need another computer for a long time. And don't bother holding out for the G5 powerbooks, it's near impossible to cool that processor in an aluminum case with out using magic. But, I wouldn't put it passed apple, they might just use magic. And I'm still a little worried about those iMacs, but you know that. There is a reason they've never sold well...everyone is afraid of them. I also can't imagine them being that easy to cool. My neighbor has one, and yes they're beautiful, and yes they don't take up much space but, 12-15 in. powerbook is the way to go. Heck, even a top-of-the-line iBook would be fine.

-Ben

PS wow...that was long...sorry

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas, where have you been all week?! I need to laugh! ~Amy
P.S. I can't believe you are actually going to Chicago over break...I'm so jealous!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soooo when i get back from dallas, DDR will strike again, and this time, i will rule. o ya.have a great week! ~hannah

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free counters provided by Andale.