HP&tDH072107

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Party of Two

The warmly lit home stood out in the culdesac. When the rest of suburbia had turned in for the night or hadn't returned for the morning a party began. No one was really invited, it just happened. Joe told Jane; Jane told Steve, then the whoel world showed up. Sure the parents may have been a little startled, but who would throw a group of teens into the mildly cold night air on a Friday night? i know i would.

Soon after arrival, the group ventured into the street for some fun with a lighter, Lysol, and Coffee Mate (the powdered kind). Oh the joys of pyrotechnics. Two doors down, a deserted cop car rested ominously. What would have happened if it had been occupied?
"Excuse me young man, what are you doing?"
"Making fireballs."
"At 11 o'clock?"
"I wasn't aware of the time, but if you say so."
"How many illegal substances do you have on you?"
"How many diets have you been on...ever, cuz it's probably the same number."
"Get in the car."
"My car?"
"My car."
"Why your car? I really don't like black & white, plus the lights are a little high profile. Why don't we take my car? i could out run you anyways, it goes 0-60 in 4.9, so i suggest you take my offer."
"Do you have onstar?"
"No, it's a Mitsubishi."
"Stupid Japs...ruined my freaking childhood."
"Get in the car."
"My car?"
"We already went through this...if i go with you, we are taking my car, and where the heck are we going anyways? i need to get some gas."
"I have some burritos in my car."
"Really? From Sam's Club?"
"No, CostCo, we don't have Sam's club in California."
"Oh, right, i just came in from Kansas, so i wouldn't know...do you know if they have those microwavable Philly Cheesesteaks at CostCo?"
"Not sure, i can ask the wife though. Do you think you'll be here next week? If so, i'll tell you what she says."
"Probably, but you know what, just take my number. i'm usually at home."
"Alright, i'll ring ya up."
"So are we going for a ride?"
"Sorry, i can't leave my squad car sitting there. And the whole Jap thing; i refuse to even ride in their cars."
"You're missin' out, but ok. We're out of Coffee Mate, so we can go inside now and not get you into trouble."
"Coffee Mate?"
"Cheap entertainment. That's what i'm all about."
He and the cop parted ways. The party resumed inside the warmly-lit house, and the cop proceeded to discuss popular culture with his dispatcher all night. "No way! Reuben definitely won the second American Idol."


Sorry about not posting the last few days. The computer was taken when i got home each night and i didn;t want to stay up waiting for it (it's my gambling-addicted brother). Bottom line: i need to geta wireless network and my Imac G5.



Free counters provided by Andale.