HP&tDH072107

Monday, December 04, 2006

Dead Week

Dead week, the week before finals when no major assignments are due (tests, papers, etc.) unless the teacher gets the class to agree on moving something. I had two tests and a ten pager due today. My weekend was owned. I spent more time in the library over the last 5 days than i did all of last year. what a good time. i started getting sick of my instrumental music...which i have a lot of. I need more post rock (get on it Nelson).

Today after Great Books, during which one of my classmates read her genius course-reflection paper to the class (HI-larious), i pulled down the latch to the door and walked down the stairs. I enjoy opening doors like Charles Bronson in the Dirty Dozen. And i don't mean that he enjoyed opening doors. I mean i enjoy emulating the way in which Charles Bronson's Dirty Dozen character opens doors. Hand rests on knob/latch. With a quick snap of the wrist and application of torque, he swings the door out, moves through, and pulls it shut. If yo uwant to knwo exactly what i'm talking about, watch the scene where he and Lee Marvin, disguised as German officers leave their hotel room to mingle with the Germans. It's a perfect door opening. yes indeed.

I'm done now. Home in nine days.

3 Comments:

Blogger the Opinionator said...

I love how as soon as I read "I;m getting sick of my instrumental music" My thought was "I need to get him some more post rock."

Oh, and I haven't seen Dirty Dozen since I was prolly...8.

-Ben

11:01 PM  
Blogger B. D. Mooneyham said...

Dead Week is a myth.

I'm surprised you didn't give any lists for Coldplay or Death Cab. I would suspect that they're easier than Sufjan or Jars.

5:51 AM  
Blogger the Opinionator said...

Heroes. You have no idea, you just have no idea.

-Ben

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free counters provided by Andale.