HP&tDH072107

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Let's Talk About the Weather

It's hot here. We're all pretty confused. Right when the girls were busting out their UGS and skirts w/ leggings, right when deciding which jacket to wear (or "borrow") was starting to get fun, right after I used my comforter for the first time, it started to get bloody hot. Curses be on the Santa Ana winds. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I do know that they are HOT and DRY. They turn the whole campus into a giant allergy. The whole campus flocks to the drugstore for cold medicine, lotion, an chapstick. I moisturize nightly and my hands still feel dry. When I go out to run I get that gross cotton mouth feeling is .5 seconds. When I got here I wondered why all the mini blinds were jacked up. Where there was once wonder, there is now understanding.

It hasn't rained here in a long time. The trees don't change colors. We live in a perpetual mild summer/late spring. We are spoiled. We think temperatures only range between 60-80, so the recent venture up to 90 is just downright not OK. We don't have air conditioners. I've heard of some people buying up to four fans which they station in each corner of the dorm. What a bunch of brats we are. But even I'm annoyed and I endure 100+ degree temps for significant parts of each summer. I guess its a combination of the lack of AC and the deadening of my senses. It only gets to me because I get hot when I sleep with my sheet over me. If I have nothing over me I just feel awkward, so getting hot because of the sheet (which I simply must have) is quite a nuisance.

So to sum up, it needs to cool down, and these dry winds need to stop. We live in Malibu. Life isn't supposed to be difficult.

Look out for some crazy-people-watching stories in my next post.

6 Comments:

Blogger the Opinionator said...

Shut up you sissy. No one feels sorry for you. NO ONE.

In other news...if you keep blogging, I might have to start back up...OH HORRORS!

-Ben

9:07 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

"Look out for some crazy-people-watching stories in my next post."

- Thomas, your attempts to increase your blog exposure are disgusting. You should be more experimental to eliminate the surplus readership. Actually, scratch that, no one would read your blog if you did that. Sounds familiar. Oh wait, that's what happened to me.

And sorry about the heat. Must be such a hardship living some place where it hasn't been winter for 2 months already.

And sorry I never called. I'm what some people might call "less-than-reliable." Maybe I'll see you Thanksgiving?

9:08 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

That bastard got his comment in one minute before me. This is ridiculous. People are actually competing to comment on your stupid blog.

9:09 PM  
Blogger the Opinionator said...

Ouch, I'm a bastard...

Did you watch that trailer I sent you? What a messed up movie, but I'm still excited for it!

That beginning with the baby: Classic. Scared the CRAP outta me.

-Ben

12:05 AM  
Blogger B. D. Mooneyham said...

Yea, the lack of AC would probably annoy me a lot. I get hot really easily, and I'm with you on the sleeping thing.

But I'm still not inclined to feel very bad for you, because it's still true that for the most part you're pretty spoiled with the weather. Hope it gets better though.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always summer and never Christmas! What a terrible place!!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free counters provided by Andale.