HP&tDH072107

Monday, March 28, 2005

Being Honest

I'll be honest, i was expecting more comments on my visual Sunday. I really put a lot of effort into it with clever captions and all...oh well.

I'll be honest, chemistry is the only class i can walk into and straight up tell the teacher "yeah, about that homework...i didn't do it. In fact, i didn't even try," without having to worry about consequences. She jsut let us do it in class...good times.

I'll be honest, the judges of Creative Writing Poetry at MAACS were pretty dumb. As faithful readers know, the theme this year was "teenagers with Bibles in hand." In the first few lines of my poem, i mention "canon-wielding adolescents," a cool way of renaming the theme. Yeah the judge definitely missed that when he marked my spelling of "canon" as an error. He then proceeded to say he didn't think it was clear how my piece tied into the topic. The poor guy was trying to figure out how adolescents carry massive war machines around, and more importantly, why i was writing about it. Oh my, oh my. The other judge was worse though. This guy didn;t even read what each score was for. One scoring category was ecplained: "Does this poem have a rhyme scheme/how well was it followed/used? If not, does the poem employ the use of alliteration, consonance, assonance and other sound devices effectively?" My money says, the guy didn;t know that poems could be written w/o a rhyme scheme. He gave me a 4 compared to the other judges 10 (out of ten). Good times...good times. I also got a "try to approach the topic more creatively." I guess i was pretty direct...good ole Tri-City.

I'll be honest, i was disappointed to see no Catholic bashing comments on the judging sheets for my Ash Wednesday recitation.

I'll be honest, right now, i am nto really excited about our drama (Merchant of Venice). This is the first time i have ever felt this way about a show (ok, maybe 7 Brides, but i don;t remember that stage). I hope things get better. Having Savannah and Brittany there today was nice for multiple reasons.

I could go on, but being too honest gets me into trouble.

6 Comments:

Blogger the Opinionator said...

I'll be honest, I didn't comment on visual Sunday because I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to comment on the picture...or on the central post

-ben

PS ...sorry

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be honest, and agree with ben. sorry. have a good week and i'll prob c ya tomorrow at rubbish~hannah

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful blog you have, my pureblood prince. since you gave me the link, i have not been able to take my eyes off of it. your writing is terribly insightful and easy on the eyes. keep it real.
-msp

5:37 PM  
Blogger the Opinionator said...

I'll be honest, I really can't figure out who this reina de drama person is...and I'll feel really bad if I am supposed to know who it is...

-ben

PS™ sorry if you're someone I know...

1:29 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

i'll be honest, i didn't comment because i didn't want to hurt you by making a smart comment about your lack of clothing. and i'm still trying to hold back so...bye

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Digital camcorders specifications 51 camera digital polaroid Anal wife gallery Free celebrity pics tv Logitec wireless headset for x box live Wholesale kids fashion watches Chevrolet dealer nj The efeects of quitting smoking Child airline restraint seats build rustic furniture soccer posters Corrective+eye+surgery+in+canada Insurance lead life virginia http://www.spyware-removal-share-ware-9.info

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free counters provided by Andale.